The Akita Club of America (ACA) Versatility Program honors Akitas and their owners who are skilled in multiple activities with certificates of achievement. These achievements showcase the Akita’s diversity, athleticism, and adaptability through activities emphasizing strength, fitness, agility, speed, dexterity, soundness, health, temperament, intelligence, and natural instincts inherent to the breed. The Versatility Program was developed to foster, encourage, and support enriched socialization and responsible training of the Akita as well as breeding healthy dogs with stable temperaments suitable for companionship.
- The Akita shall be registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC).
- A PAL/ILP registration number is also permitted.
- The applicant (owner or breeder) shall be an ACA member in good standing at the time of application.
- Deceased Akitas meeting registration requirements and having fulfilled certificate requirements are eligible if the applicant was an ACA member in good standing when the dog was alive.
- One point for each title, health certificate, or community service/public education event.
- Duplicate titles/certificates can be counted for VAX2+ certification (example: AKC RN and UKC R01 are duplicate titles).
- Instinct/introductory titles/certificates (ACT, RATI, ORT, etc.) are counted towards VAX2+ certification only.
- “Virtual” titles/certificates are excluded.
- Community Service – events that benefit the community such as organized fundraisers.
- Public Education – organized event that educates the public about the breed such as a pet fair or meet the breed event.
- OFA health certificates accepted for:
- Hips – fair, good, or excellent rating
- Elbows, knees, thyroid – normal rating
- Eyes – clear/normal rating
Documentation of the titles earned and the dog's registration MUST accompany the application.
- Photocopy of American Kennel Club registration papers and member ID card for all applicable titling
organizations (United Kennel Club, Barn Hunt Association, National Association of Canine Scent Work,
North America Diving Dogs, and/or North American Flyball Association).
- Photocopy of all titling and/or Orthopedic Foundation for Animals health certificates.
- For Community Service and Public Education, provide photos, flyer, and written description of event.
Documentation and Versatility Program Application may be submitted by email or mail as indicated on
the application form.
Download the ACA Versatility Program in pdf format
Download ACA Versatility Program Application Form in pdf format
Download ACA Versatility Program Application Attachment in pdf format